Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Talkative Tuesday- KhaliNouveau





Hello! Welcome to another Talkative Tuesday. This week we interviewed KhaliNouveau! Go ahead and check out our interview!


What products do you sell?
     My shop sells a variety of goodies but mainly my original artwork, art boxes, crafts, and vintage.




Where did you get your shop name?
     My name is Aiysha Khaalid, nickname Khali, I am a full-time artist with a bachelor degree in Fine Arts. I'm a painter, an illustrator, a mixed media artist, and crafter. I am the owner and creator of the Etsy shop called KhaliNouveau. The name of my business is a combination of "Khali, a nickname given from my family and "Nouveau", French for ‘New’ inspired from the most famous and my favorite art period, Art Nouveau.
How did you get into art?
    
Creativity has been in my blood since an early age. I have been an artist for over 15 years. What inspires me to become an artist is my love of art, and artworks by Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt, and newly discovered Hayv Kahraman because of their original artistic style and feminine beauty in their work. Their use of details, strong symbolism, and strong composition in their artwork affects my creative energy into making my own style.
What was your inspiration for this shop?
    
I started my Etsy business in 2008 but many years before Etsy, I was a freelance artist with my own business as a interior mural artist. Now on Etsy, I decided to own a shop to share and sell my artwork and crafts with others.





Describe your workspace and how it works for you.
    
Small studio in my house. Tidy in the beginning but messy in the end of a project.

Can you tell us one random fact about yourself?
     I am also a photographer and a traveler.

What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
    
My favorite item in my shop is Butterflies and Gerbera daisies hanging mobile. http://www.etsy.com/listing/43221899/butterflies-and-gerbera-daisies-hanging The mobile was fun to make and I made more as gifts.

What tips can you give to someone starting the same kind of business?
    
I would say that don’t be afraid to fail or make mistakes, that’s part of the learning process as an artist and business owner.





If you could do one thing differently with your shop, what would it be and why?
     If it was possible, I would design the layout of my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment